The cost of auto insurance can vary depending on the types of coverage you buy, and the kind of car you drive. Below are a number of things you can do to lower your insurance costs.
1. Ask for Higher Deductibles
2. Drop Collision and/or Comprehensive Coverage on Older Cars
3. Buy a "Low Profile Car"
4. Take Advantage of Low Mileage Discounts
5. Find Out About Automatic Seat Belt, Air Bag or Alarm System Discounts
6. Ask About Anti-Lock Brakes
7. Inquire About Other Discounts
THE GAP .... EVERYONE KNOWS A CAR DEPRECIATES IN VALUE GREATLY WHEN YOU TAKE THE FIRST DRIVE OFF THE DEALERS LOT. IF YOU TOTAL YOUR CAR, YOUR INSURANCE PAYOUT WILL BE FOR THE VALUE OF THE CAR AND MAYBE A LOT LESS THAN WHAT YOU PAID OR WHAT YOU STILL OWE ON THE VEHICLE. SINCE YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DIFFERENCE, YOU MAY WANT TO PURCHASE GAP INSURANCE TO PROTECT YOURSELF. MANY CAR LEASE CONTRACTS REQUIRE YOU TO HAVE THIS INSURANCE . IF YOU FINANCE A VEHICLE THROUGH A BANK, GAP INSURANCE MOST LIKELY WILL NOT BE INCLUDED. ASK YOUR REPRESENTATIVE FOR SUCH COVERAGE, MANY INSURANCE COMPANIES SELL GAP INSURANCE .
* Did You Know ? 16-year olds are the most accident-prone of any age group, three times more likely to crash than 18-year old.